Quick links on this page:
Shipping costs are now calculated while you place your order. If you encounter any problems, please let us know by contacting us.
We ship orders daily, Monday through Friday, except holidays. Orders are generally shipped within 2 business days of receipt of your order, which means, if you place your order on Monday, it should ship no later than Wednesday. If you place your order on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, it should ship no later than Tuesday. If we are out of anything on your order, we will advise you of the out-of-stock items and give you the option of shipping what we have, holding your order or cancelling it.
During the busy months of September through December, we try to maintain the same schedule; however, there are times, due to the volume of orders, that we can not meet the 2 business day turn-around, especially on Mondays when all of the weekend orders are processed. In this case, we normally process all orders within 3 days. If you are in need of your order on a specified date, please use the comments box on the billing information screen as you check out to advise us of your needs. We will do everything we can to accommodate your request.
NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES
To assist you in determining when to expect your order, we provide the normal number of days to your location on the shipping confirmation. As a general rule of thumb, you can use the map below to determine the number of shipping days required:
- 1 day - Pink
- 2 days - Blue
- 3 days - Brown
- 4 days - Green
It should also be noted that FedEx Ground delivers to residences on Tuesdays through Saturdays. As a result, even if you live in one of the states 4 days away, if you place your order by Monday, you should receive your order by Saturday.
HOW WE SHIP
We ship all of your orders via FedEx® Ground. As soon as we ship your order, we will send you an email that informs you of the total amount charged to your credit card, the shipping costs and the tracking number(s).
Your charge for shipping will be based on our total shipping cost. We do NOT make any money off of the shipping charges. The shipping charges are based on the distance shipped, type of service, i.e., ground, overnight, priority, etc., weight and size of the package. As a general rule, the more weight, the less the charge per pound. For example, a 4 pound box might be charged $3.96; whereas, an 11 pound box to the same location would cost $9.80. As a result, we try to use as few boxes as possible to ship your order, except in the case of fragile items, where we ship in a separate box to reduce the chance of breakage.
If you want to keep shipping costs at a minimum, the following are our recommended guidelines:
Place your order far enough in advance so we can ship FedEx® Ground. The savings over 2-day and overnight are significant.
- Include smaller items with your concentrate orders. We always place wine concentrates in a larger box with styrofoam peanuts to protect the kit and there is always room for smaller items like corks, capsules, airlocks, etc.
- Have your product shipped to a business address, if possible. FedEx Ground® adds a surcharge for home deliveries.
- Combine fragile items like glass wine thiefs, siphons, racking canes and bottle filler in the same order. We can them ship them in one box and the incremental cost of the second and third items will be nominal.
CREDIT CARD CHARGES
Please note that we do not process credit card charges until your order actually ships. We try very hard to make sure we maintain an adequate number of each of our products in our inventory, but there will be times when we do not have items on hand that you order. If you place an order for any item that is out of stock we will contact you and inform you as to when you can expect to receive your items. At that point, you can choose to wait for your items or cancel your order. If you have multiple items on your order, we will also give you the option of allowing us to ship what we have and backorder the out of stock items or cancel them.
If we process credit card payments when an order is placed and an item is out of stock then you may be paying for something several weeks before you actually get it. This policy also prevents us from having to issue a refund if you decide to cancel your order for an item that is temporally out of stock. We just feel our way is better for you.
We insure all our shipments, so if you ever receive a damaged item, please follow the procedure below to get your replacement items:
- Inspect the outside of the box. If you detect any damage to the outside of the box, save the packaging materials. If it contains juice that is leaking, place the entire box in a large plastic garbage bag. Place the bag in a location where if it leaks, it will not damage your floors or carpet.
- Call us, immediately! 866-417-1114
- We will make a determination as to whether to contact the shipper, or not.
- If we decide to file a claim, we will contact the shipping company. Based on the request from the shipper, we will call you back and tell you whether to keep the damaged item or throw it away. In addition, we will arrange to have the shipper contact you to schedule a convenient time to inspect the package.
We will deal with the shipper, so you won't have to. Just be sure to save the shipping cartons for FedEx® Ground to examine, if need be.
We will replace your items, as soon as we can, regardless of the outcome of the claim.
We understand that sometimes we all order the wrong item. As such, we offer a full refund on all non-food related items. (The State of Texas will not allow us to accept returns of any food related items, including grains, hops, yeast, wine and beer kits). All other items can be refunded by using the following procedure:
- Contact us via the phone or email to explain the situation and what you would like to return. At that time, we will issue you an RMA#.
- Return the item(s) to the following address, along with a copy of the invoice and the RMA# to:
Fine Vine Wines, LLC
1300 N. Interstate 35E, Suite 106
Carrollton, TX 75006
- As soon as we receive the item(s), we will inspect the contents and issue the refund within 48 hours. (For credit card refunds, please allow 7 days for the refund to appear on your statement from the date of refund.)
- Please note that we do not normally charge a restocking fee, but we do reserve the right to do so depending on the circumstances.